Most marketers & small business struggle to get good rankings in search results. While some over do with their attempt to optimize their websites, many under do it. There is nothing called “completely optimized website“. SEO is very dynamic – search engines change algorithm, competitions embark on new keywords, you may decide to migrate onto new keywords etc.
There is a lot that you can do to optimize your marketing & business websites. Setting up an Effective Blog, producing good content, staying away from any unfair black hat SEO techniques are top on the priorities for any marketing website optimized for good organic search engine results.
Many high profile marketing professionals also use a series of marketing business plugins for SEO. They help by eliminating duplicate content, optimizing titles, building internal likes etc.
Simple Search Engine Optimization Tips for Affiliate Marketing & Small Business Websites
- choose your niche area and continue to produce good content in your niche
- choose the right technology for your business website – WordPress is the best! It provides you with a lot of built in tools to help with SEO
- use Google Webmaster Tools to submit your sitemap & look out for issues that Google finds with your website that could hurt your SEO
- use images or videos in your posts & mark them appropriately for better SEO
- submit your website once in 3 months to all the major search engines. Most have a free URL submission tool where you can manually submit your website & sitemap (click here for a list of popular Search Engines). If you have videos you should also submit them to video search databases
- keep advertisements & external links from your website to a minimal
- mark sections of your copy with HTML tags like H2, H3 for important headers, “strong” & “em” to emphasize, & use lists where necessary
- dedicate each post to specific keywords or phrases instead of combining multiple keywords in one single post or page
- experiment with a variety of individual posts with different keywords & phrases deep linking them to product pages
- link internally & prevent spam websites & comments from linking to your posts
While some of these can be automated, all of them are quite easy to implement. Make SEO a part of your strategy so that each post you publish or each page you write fits into your SEO plan. With these simple tips in about 3 months you should see an improvement in your website’s organic search result ranks.
If something different has worked for you, you could email us or leave a comment & share your SEO success strategy with our readers here.