Online stores are similar to brick and mortar stores in many ways yet has the power of multiplying sales thousands of time by selling to everyone worldwide. In this article on Affiliate Marketing Tips series lets look at the entire sales cycle & examine how you could be successful in running your online stores.
Now that you have a product or a list of products to sell, you have already achieved 80% of the struggle! Now its all about optimizing your income – selling effectively & increasing your ROI.
Before you start your optimization process, here are some preliminary reading so that you know you have the ground work done correctly:
- Most Profitable Affiliate Marketing Programs
- Tips on Pricing your Products
- Managing your Affiliate Network Effectively
- Setting Up Effective Revenue Channels
- WordPress Themes for Business Websites
5 Steps in Profitable Online Selling
- Make the Buying Process Easy – understanding the buying process for your product lines would help you make it easy for your customers. You could guess possible questions they might have and create a FAQ to help them get the answers. Providing an email address or a phone where your potential customers could call for answers is a definite way to help them make the right choice
- Follow Up after Sales -follow up is one of the most important aspects of closing a sale. It is important to reassure your customer that you are there to help. Have a follow up email with all the FAQs and your contact information
- Build a Relation – a sale is the beginning of a long term relationship with your customers. Have a relational marketing program in place so that you could start an ongoing dialog with your customers. These relationships go a log way & you could build a strong supportive customer base for other products & future upgrades
- Ask for a Referral – your customers are your biggest assets. It is perfectly alright to ask for referrals or even ask them to speak about they experience with your business that you could share as testimonials to convince other customers
- Connect on Social Networks – if your business has a social marketing strategy you may want to connect with them on their social networks. Facebook or Twitter are very effective for this as you can influence others through word-of-mouth from your existing customers
One of our biggest learning from advising online store owners is that no matter what the price of your product is, there is a very high expectation of post purchase support. Emails, phone support as well as online videos to help your customers get started with using your products always help. And one happy customer is 10 additional business leads for you!