A lot of time I meet bloggers who suffer from lack of confidence. They are new but they have the talent to make it big but the beginning is always tough. For the serious bloggers who are looking to be effective in their blogging to make money online, the initial period could wear out their confidence & their trust in themselves.
If you are starting new you face a very tough competition. Freelance blogging is not easy, but once you get to be effective, your popularity & your online income would rise. So how do you keep your confidence up & your morale high?
Effective Blogging Tips to Boost Your Confidence
- Do What You Do Best – the reason people choose to go with freelance blogging is to have fun & make money. Unlike a job where you never know the “big picture”, in your personal enterprise you can define what you want to do. Choose a niche blogging market where you already have a good authority or you want to build your expertise upon. Your readers would appreciate you for what you bring to the table & when you do what you are good at, no one can beat you at that
- Fix your Short Term & Long Term Blogging Goals – setting yourself a realistic & somewhat aggressive goal is very important. And we suggest that for the short time, when you are just beginning, do not keep monetizing your blog as your main goal. When you have a steady set of readers who value your work, monetization is easy. Your short term goals should be for for the first 6 – 12 months & your long term goals should be for at least 24 – 36 months. Anything that you do should align to either of these plans.
- Don’t Shy from Competition – your worth is put to the test through competition. Blogging to Make money is very competitive. You must learn to face competition. This is mostly a healthy competition and you stand as much a chance to win as anyone else. Face competition with courage & dignity.
- Find Collaboration Opportunities – you would be surprised at what the right collaboration could do for your freelance blogging business. Find other bloggers who are willing to discuss your ideas & find grounds where you could collaborate. Many go for co-authoring blogs with guest posts, many decide to share links etc.
- Ask for Opinions but Decide on your Own – we have found that asking for help or asking for opinions to be one of the best ways to initiate long term relationships with other bloggers or readers. The good opinions would help you understand your sweet spots but the final decision to accept a change or ignore an opinion should be yours.
- Don’t be Flattered & Give into Spam – acknowledge sincere commendations but stay away from flattery. You would see hundreds of comments waiting for you to approve that simply say how great you are & how fascinating your writing is. Unfortunately they are mostly from spammers. Ignore (or mark as spam) any comments that has nothing to do with your writing.
- Learn to Handle Criticism – as new bloggers we are often challenged with what could apparently seem like rude criticism. That is part of the business. There is no need to be offended or take such comments personally. While you may not respond to such harsh critics, you should positively respond to those who are compassionate with your efforts.
- Get Better at Writing – if you are not improving your style & quality or your articles, you are losing the battle already. With each article you must find something to improve upon so that with time, you could serve your readers better.
- Continue Writing – don’t worry if you are not making a 100 bucks from the first month or even 3 months from starting. Continue publishing quality articles according to your short & long term plans. Socialize your blog with friends, colleagues & others who would not mind to read a few posts & provide you with feedback
- Help, Help & Help Others – you get back a 100 times or probably a 1000 times worth when you give something. Be open to helping others, even your competitors. In fact, when we began, we were spending 2 hours writing & another 2 hours answering emails & providing solutions to others. This led to our creating the Small Business Solutions business last year & most of our customers are someone who we had helped when we were just beginning!
Blogging is fun & could make a lot of money when you are blogging effectively. But above all it will help you to relax, give you the financial freedom you want & get you the time for yourself & that’s something no job could ever provide.